Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

3 posters

Redding April 16-17

Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Redding April 16-17 Empty Redding April 16-17

Post by Ron Clevenger March 24th 2010, 12:22 pm

Hey!!! who's ready for the "Cool April Night's" at Redding. I hear that town really rocks for this event.

We certainly are planning to go and take a shot at Kenny B's track record.

We did a test at Sacramento about two weeks ago. Broke the vasco input shaft on the first pass. That was the second one in as many outings. So we have now gone to the ringless ATI shaft which is substantially stronger.

This input shaft breakage is the results of finally figuring out what the car likes on the starting line launch. We are hoping to see our hard work start to pay off in track performance potential. But, time will tell as always on the track itself.

Hope to see many of you there, it's gonna be a fun race.

Blessings................Ron Clevenger.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Redding April 16-17 Empty Re: Redding April 16-17

Post by Steve March 25th 2010, 3:43 am

Hey Ron, sorry you broke, but glad you found something. If you can get the car to launch youve got something.
    The Stroupe car won't be there, I don't know if we'll be racing at all this year. We will be back but don't know exactlly when. You may see me wandering around at the track looking for something to stick a spark plug in, but not sure yet.

Steve
    Steve

Post by Steve April 8th 2010, 7:46 pm

Who's going to Redding???

Steve
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger April 9th 2010, 8:36 pm

Five confirmed, hope at least three more show up.

This should be a really fun race.

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve April 19th 2010, 3:31 am

Hey-- Let me know how it went
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger April 20th 2010, 1:57 pm

Hey Steve, we sure did miss you guys. There were only 4 car that showed up. Friday the track was not working very well and that was our Q time. Saturday the track came around pretty good. Frank and us were still having trouble keeping it in the groove (which was very narrow). We both went out on the first rd which put Aaron (Jimmy Rays car) and Simon in the final. Simon won the race. He and his crew did a great job of getting down the track every pass. They also set the new track record at 6.27 @ 230.

It was a fun race. Lots of local enthusiasm and spectator support. Wish the track was closer....for me it's a 780 mile round tow.

The track Saturday had some pretty good bite. We had a total of about 100 lbs added weight on the front of our car and still could not keep the front end down. Some of that is too big a rear tire problem. It wasn't about to slip and we were pooring the power to them and all that energy had to go some place.

I wished I had my 34.5's back that I sold to Pete. They would be just right now.

Blessings......Ron.
    Very Happy
    Steve

Post by Steve April 21st 2010, 3:38 am

To bad only 4 cars showed up. Looks like Simon is on track, and hasn't lost a step over the winter. Good job Simon Exclamation
    We may have the car running soon and then a test day. With the stuff that Butch and I have going on I don't know when we'll be ready to race, but we will be back.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger April 21st 2010, 11:54 am

Hey Steve, maybe you guys can come out for a play day May 8th.....at Redding. Very Happy
    (Just got word that the Redding May 8th race is cancelled, so forget the play day idea)

Next race for TEW will be Sacramento June 11-12.

Missed you guys.......................Blessings......Ron.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post by teamoutcast April 24th 2010, 2:39 pm

Congrats to Simon.Sorry you had some problems Ron.Sucks that the car count was low.I am still job less but had 2 interveiws last week so i think things are going to turn around.If i do i will hopefully be able to make 1 or 2 races with PAFCA.As of next year it looks like we are going to step it up and play with some explosive fuel(if you know what I mean).Chatted with Ricky Ruiz and i think he has talked me into going Fuel Altered Racing.So we will see.Well talk to you guys later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 6:55 pm