Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

2 posters

Sacramento gets new burn out box's!

Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Sacramento gets new  burn out box's! Empty Sacramento gets new burn out box's!

Post by Ron Clevenger March 25th 2009, 9:45 pm

Saw this on another website regarding Sacramento Raceway.

"The saw cutting and demo on the burnout boxes was performed last Sunday, and new pads poured yesterday. A 33' section of the right lane, and 14'sectionof left lane burnout boxes have been replaced. From what I hear, no more lakes to sink in, and no more cut tires"!!!

How does it look pirat ??

Blessings.........Ron.
    Kenny B.
    Kenny B.

Number of posts : 12

Sacramento gets new  burn out box's! Empty Re: Sacramento gets new burn out box's!

Post by Kenny B. March 30th 2009, 2:00 pm

Ron,
    I was out at the track on saturday. Weather was too nice here not to be out at a drag strip! Yes, new concrete burnout boxes and a complete scrape of the rubber surface to both lanes. Track looked pretty good! All the rubber was sticking to both lanes and no marbles that I could see of. Should make for a good first race!
    We are still looking to do some testing. I guess parts finally showed up but Jim had to pull the motor back out for some reason. Haven't had any time to get up there due to studies. But he is still planning on making it out soon! We'll be sure to keep you posted.

Good weather, good track....now its about time we go RACING!!!!

Kenny B.
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95

Sacramento gets new  burn out box's! Empty Re: Sacramento gets new burn out box's!

Post by Ron Clevenger March 30th 2009, 9:14 pm

Hey Kenny, glad to hear your paying attention to those studies. Trust me, it will pay off.

If nothing else you will be able to make a couple of tests laps the Friday of the race. Cutting it pretty close, but done it before.

Sure looking forward to that April race date. I've beef'd up the wheely bar on the black dragster. I'm hoping we have the converter close enough to work with starting line tunning and it's going to give the wheely bar more work to do Very Happy .

Did you get a chance to see the jacket your mom made for Curtis for my birthday? It's pretty cool. Come to think of it I think you got one also for 2007 Championship.

I keep walking around the race car looking for something to work on and reading my notes study . But the bottom line is, it's ready to go racing cheers .

Blessings.......Ron.
    Kenny B.
    Kenny B.

Number of posts : 12

Post by Kenny B. March 31st 2009, 12:24 am

Yes Ron I saw your jacket. They are awesome. Curt wouldn't let himself get one unless they got me one for 2007. Thanks again Curt! They are sweeeet! Can't wait to show it off at Funny Car Fever. I wore mine down at Pomona and it got a lot of notice. Everyone was asking about it and even has one of John Force's crewmembers walk up and tell me how he and his buddies are building a car to come race with us. Kinda cool.

Track looks pretty good and I think if we get good weather Curt better hold on!!!!

As far as I know Jim wants to test....but ill keep everyone posted on the plans.

Studies are coming along. Slowly by surely and Keeping the grades up!

Welp, I'm ready to go RACING!!!! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 1:42 pm