Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

3 posters

Medford OR. July 2-3

Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Medford OR. July 2-3 Empty Medford OR. July 2-3

Post by Ron Clevenger June 30th 2010, 7:27 am

Hope to see many of you at Medford this weekend. Been thrashing on the black car to run it this weekend.
    News is, we should have at least 7 cars for the program. Hopefully we will pick up that last car for a full 8 car field which is awesome under these economic times.
    It's also looking like perfect weather.

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Medford OR. July 2-3 Empty Re: Medford OR. July 2-3

Post by Steve July 9th 2010, 3:27 am

Well how did it go? Details. This not racing has got me down.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger July 22nd 2010, 10:17 am

Hey Steve, you can get info on the race on the Home website. Lot's of breakage as teams are trying to squeeze out every dollar of there budget to just make a race.
    We are included. Didn't even make it to Saturday Q. In two aborted pass's Friday night we hurt the PG again. Even after installing the Super pump with the billet stator tube that bolts in from the back side of the pump. It's twisting the stator tube splines. Sent it back to ATI to see if the heat treatment was right. They said it was good to 2500hp. And I don't think we are there.

Anyway, our future goals is to put a 10" 3-disc AFT clutch in it with a 3 spd B&J trans. We've spent enough on this PG trans & convertor to have already done that if we had been smart. Budget to accomplish this is another matter. It will take some time and some good deals to make it happen. But that is our goal and focus.
    Motor is veeeerrry happy. We are going to back it down and try and make the next race with the black car.

How are things going with you guys???

Blessings............Ron.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post by Steve July 22nd 2010, 10:34 am

Wow, sorry to hear about the breakage. Butch went to the Bruno set up for the same reason, to much trouble with the glide. The only good thing is your making power, just have to get it to the track without breaking something.
    Our car is ready to test, just waitting on Butch. The last I heard was we are going to try to make the race at Infinion.
    If you go to the Hot Rod Reunion at Bakersfield look for me in the Birky Bunch's pit.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post by teamoutcast July 26th 2010, 10:00 pm

Hey ron,sorry to hear about the breakage also.How soon are you thinking of switching to a clutch?By the end of next year my chevy will be coming out and i will be putting a hemi in the car.But if you are needing it right away then i cant help.Anyways i miss you all and i will keep in touch.
    P.S once i finish mounting the altered body i will send a pic and when i start the car on fuel i will have video and pics to send
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger July 27th 2010, 8:45 am

Pete, it's a hope it's ready by next season deal. Race budget needs work before moving forward. What kind of clutch do you have?

Blessings......Ron.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post by teamoutcast July 28th 2010, 11:51 pm

I have a 10 inch 3 disc AFT clutch.I am going to run it for a couple races next year then once i switch to the hemi i will be going to a glide clutch
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger July 29th 2010, 10:20 am

Pete, Curtis will call you about the clutch. We're interested in it.

Hope things are going well for you and family.

Blessings.........Ron.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 3:20 am