Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

4 posters

Champion Raceway

Kenny B.
    Kenny B.

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Champion Raceway Empty Champion Raceway

Post by Kenny B. July 5th 2009, 8:20 pm

First off, congratulations to the Stroupe Camp! You guys ran great!
    Second, I don't speak for everyone but I do speak for many....Medford, Oregon was a BLAST! We had a great time. The track was good - handled everything we had for it -the people were great to us and the racing was outstanding. It was a little disappointing to see a few north runners not make the trip as planned but at the end of the weekend Champion Raceway is a track we would love to return to and race at in the future!
    Great event Curt & Mel! Look forward to racing there again!
    Hope everyone made it home safely! Thanks to the crew at Champion Raceway, the Clevengers as always for what they do, Jimmy Ray for allowing us to travel to run the event and Steve for the killer firework show after eliminations! Laughing
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Champion Raceway Empty Re: Champion Raceway

Post by Steve July 7th 2009, 7:49 am

Hey guys, we had a blast. We also would like to thank the people that run that track, they were great. We were really happy with the way the track came in as it cooled down. I think we put on a good show, they seemed to like our group. It was good to see that purple OUTCAST car on the track again, and always fun to watch Pete drive it. clown We wouldn't mind having Medford a regular 4 th of July event. I'll start now getting the fire works for next year.
    skiannator

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Champion Raceway Empty champion raceway

Post by skiannator July 7th 2009, 2:53 pm

My hats off to the "Butchmaster". He makes what we do in the pits pay off.
    The Medford people know how to make us feel welcome. (air-cond. rest room) And more important, they listened to our concerns about their "auto-start" That really impressed me. Most tracks would have just showed us the gate...
    Welcome back Pete and family.....good to see someone use a half tank of fuel on a burn out. Hope the motor isn't hurt too bad
    Looking forward to Sac. next month....see you all there

Ski
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95

Post by Ron Clevenger July 14th 2009, 5:46 pm

Well, we finally got home from our journey north after medford. Outstanding job you guys did at Medford.

We are certainly looking forward to the next race at Sac.

Blessings..............Ron.
    skiannator

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by skiannator July 14th 2009, 8:30 pm

Just got home?????
    You guys have truck trouble??? or just decided to go fishing someplace??
    Ski
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95

Post by Ron Clevenger July 14th 2009, 11:30 pm

We took some time after the race and went up on the Columbia River Gorge for some R&R. Curtis took the race trailer back to his house and we picked it up on the way home. Visited some friends in a couple of different places and my wife Suzanne was a guest speaker at a womans retreat in the Fall River Mills area (east of mt shasta) last Saturday. About 2000 miles and $800+ affraid for gas later we got home.......so we (me and myself) can work on the race car for the next race. Smoked high gear in the trans on the last pass. Can't complain, it has not been touched except band adjustments for about 2 years.

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post by Steve July 16th 2009, 8:18 pm

Glad to hear you made it home. What did you go remove & replace, thats R&R isn't it? To much play keeps the race car away. We have some minor repairs to do after some tire shake, the worst is having to listen to Butch snivel, my head hurts, who cares as long as your right foot is OK. Hope your trans isn't hurt to bad.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content