Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

2 posters

Lost and Found

Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Lost and Found Empty Lost and Found

Post by Steve October 3rd 2010, 3:38 pm

We finally found Butch!! We are going to test on the 9 th. Should be fun to watch, like the three stooges after sitting so long. Smile Smile
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Lost and Found Empty Re: Lost and Found

Post by Ron Clevenger October 3rd 2010, 7:56 pm

I wished you'd have found him before "Pinks all Out" at Infinion.

Great track to race on. It's been 8 or 9 years since I've been there. Forgot how much I like that track.

Hopefully they can see some fan value in our program and invite us back.

After the Sacramento "Governors Cup" accident I hope that track is still around for us to wiggle back into.

Things are not looking good for future drag racers like us.

Do you have any pictures of Butch in the car??? Might help him to look them over.....like were the driver sits,.....and feet first in the car. You know, that kind of stuff speeds up the process.
    Oh!!.......don't forget to point down the track so he knows which way to go Shocked

Welcome back

Blessings...........Ron. Very Happy
    Steve

Post by Steve October 9th 2010, 4:55 am

Thanks for the tips Ron. We'll see how it goes.
    Steve

Post by Steve November 8th 2010, 5:44 am

Hey as you probably know the test didn't go as planed. Broken motor plate, broken blow back tubes, bad tire shake. The lenco didn't go into third gear. The car is apart, found the problem with the trans. Going back to 34.5" tires. We'll get the car back together and get it ready to test if we get some good weather.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger November 8th 2010, 11:55 am

Yes I heard you broke some stuff on the tire shake. Getting those engine limiters in the right spot is certainly important. I learned that the hard way. Broke about everything in that area including a piece out of the block before they are were the are now. Have not had one issue with them now.
    Other than no money to run the car anyway.

When you planning on testing again? Soon or next year?

Blessings.......Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve November 9th 2010, 4:42 am

Hey Ron, good to hear from you. We hope going back to the 34.5 tires will cure the problem. We probably won't test till after the first of the year with the hollidays comming up and the weather not really great. We still have to pull the engine down to check for damage.
    How is your car ? Are you going to test? We are really looking forward to raceing this season.
    I sure hope this economy turns around so we can get more cars out.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger November 9th 2010, 2:35 pm

The 34.5 will certainly be easier to control. But with your new gear ratios may take a few pass's to work out the tire speed to control shake.

Our motor is happy as a lark. In fact it was so happy this year we were breaking input shafts at the start of the year. Got that happy then it was twisting the stator tube out of the pump. Got that happy then I was having issues with getting the right trans pressure.

So on the last race of the year the trans was happy and wouldn't you believe it. Broke a rocker shaft bolt on one pass. Then broke a pushrod cup out of the rocker arm. So on 7 cylinders we ran a 6.50 flat and a 6.52 also on 7 cylinders. One pass we didn't have enough weight on the front end and Curtis almost planted the front end on top of the concrete barrier when coming down Very Happy .
    Sure would like to get a good clean pass on this car to see what it will really do.
    I guess it will happen when it wants too.

I'm getting ready to pull the engine and fix a oil leak around the rear main area. Not sure what is leaking. Probably freshen the motor a little while I have it apart.

Probably won't test until next year, maybe Feb or March depending on weather like you.

At this point have not touched it since last race in Sept. Probably time to get started, you know how fast time gets away these days.

Blessings.......Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve November 10th 2010, 6:16 am

Wow Ron, sounds like it is really happy. We never broke any of that stuff in the trans. Big power breaks big parts I guess. Maybe you should mount that self ejecting battery in the nose of the car, when it settles down-eject. Make sure Curtis has good dental insurance. Laughing What brand of tire are you using? Heard some bad things about Hoosiers and good about M/T's and I see Goodyear makes one to. Anybody want some 36" Goodyears, Butch has two sets and wants to get rid of one set.
    Work has slowed down on the car, cold and rain. Now for a winter of bench racing.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger November 10th 2010, 1:39 pm

Currently have a set of MT #3186 (34.5x17x16...110 roll out... M5 compound).
    I got them from a fellow racer friend, they were to big for his altered. Couldn't pass up the price so we are trying them. Only have one race on them but seem to be better than I thought they would be. Even with all our problems still managed a .988 60' with them. MT says to keep heat of tire within 10 degrees + or - of track temp for best results. So they don't like a big burn out other than the first one of the day.

I think I still like the Goodyear #2622 34.5x17x16...D2A....109 roll out) best..........I think.
    Ether one seems to work pretty good. The MT is less money for sure.

I also have some almost new 36"s that I would like to sell. Almost new.

Yea!!! I'm starting to get the hang of bench racing better and better. Couple more years and I'll have it down real good cheers

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve November 13th 2010, 6:42 am

Thanks Ron, I'll pass it along to Butch. Now to convince him to put them on the rear of the car.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 6:11 am