Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

+2
Ron Clevenger
Kenny B.
6 posters

March 14th Test N Tune

Kenny B.
    Kenny B.

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

March 14th Test N Tune Empty March 14th Test N Tune

Post by Kenny B. March 3rd 2009, 10:24 pm

Hey Everyone,
    First off, Curt the new board is pretty sweet! Kinda quiet right now without Steve though. I'm sure that wont take long though Very Happy
    Just to let you guys know we are planning on getting out to the track and testing with everyone if the weather permits. We are still waiting on parts but Jim said we are going to make a soild attempt at being there with everyone!
    Hope everyone is having a great off season and I hope to see everyone soon!

Ohh and I was just filling out my profile and it asked for my birthday, so I threw it in...still 19. Hey Steve when's your birthday and how old are you!?! Very Happy
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95

March 14th Test N Tune Empty Re: March 14th Test N Tune

Post by Ron Clevenger March 4th 2009, 12:37 am

That's great Kenny, hope them parts arrive in time. I've fired up the black car and put a little run time in the shop. Sure rattles bounce the building. Got the heads retorqued and changed over to the race oil, cleaned all the filters and even got the diaper on it now. Pretty much ready to go.

Blessings.........Ron.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post by teamoutcast March 4th 2009, 5:08 pm

Wow this is nice.I like it.Now we have to wait for steve
    Curtis Clevenger
    Curtis Clevenger
    Admin

Number of posts : 29

Post by Curtis Clevenger March 4th 2009, 7:02 pm

Steve we are all waiting and I can't hold my breath much longer. Hey everyone I'm still learning all the cool things that can be done on this forum. I'm way out of my comfort zone with webb design stuff, but with all the rain and no racing to do, yet... I had some time on my hands and can't stay still. I'm still tring to make the text a darker color and install spell check. Still waiting Steve.

Curtis TEW
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post by Steve March 6th 2009, 5:35 am

OK guys I'm here. Kenny tell Jimmy that I've got some parts left over from my 1929 Chevy, maybe I can help. And if yor still 19 I'm still 39 What a Face
    Curtis, the web site is great, I guess some good things come from all the rain.
    We fired the car and got it loaded in the trailer, running the spare engine. I think its going to be a tough field this year. Looks like we might as well call March 14 the first race.
    Pete, I'll be comming thru next week, maybe I should pick you up for a co driver, the stuff I'm hauling isn't bad as long as you don't want any more kids and don't mind being bald.

Steve
    Butch Sroupe Crew
    We have to be sold, we can't be fired
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger March 6th 2009, 12:05 pm

Steve wrote:
    the stuff I'm hauling isn't bad as long as you don't want any more kids and don't mind being bald.

Steve
    Butch Sroupe Crew
    We have to be sold, we can't be fired

Steve, I thought you had a sleeper in that cab now? Your not still sleeping in the trailer are you affraid ??

Looking forward to the test session 14th. The way the economy is going it might be the only time we get on the race track this year Sad .

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve March 7th 2009, 6:23 am

SHHHHHHH That was an experiment to see if a funny car driver was smart enough to be scared.
    Curtis Clevenger
    Curtis Clevenger
    Admin

Post by Curtis Clevenger March 7th 2009, 7:40 pm

Maybe some Funny Car drivers in other classes are scared, but not in this class. Hey and Pete ( the drifting king ) has the
    GOV. CUP to prove it. Kenny I talked to the guy you met in Famosa today. Dad and I used to race Sand drags with him along time ago. Good people he runs a 6 cyl twin turbo dragster 6.50's and sounds like he is going to run all four Sac races.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Post by teamoutcast March 8th 2009, 4:29 pm

Alright steve i would go,like curtis says im not afraid.Lets see butch drift his dragster across the finish line
    Steve

Post by Steve March 8th 2009, 5:13 pm

Hey Pete----As long as its Butch I'm good with it.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger March 8th 2009, 5:19 pm

Hey Steve, you done any drifting with that 18 wheeler. My brother-in-law told me years ago about doing a 360 in a rain storm on a LA freeway with a 18 wheeler. Didn't touch anything and was able to continue after some serious in cab clean up affraid .

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve March 8th 2009, 5:26 pm

Hi Ron, unfortunatlly I have had my trailer come up along side of me a few times. Last year in Elko, a few years ago in Idaho and a couple of times in Montana and one 360 in Oaklahoma.
    Off the subject, what do you think about starting a fund to help some of the guys to get to the races.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Post by teamoutcast March 8th 2009, 7:33 pm

hey steve that sounds like an idea.
    Curtis Clevenger
    Curtis Clevenger
    Admin

Post by Curtis Clevenger March 8th 2009, 11:48 pm

Hey Pete

I did some drifting at Speedworld Az. one time you could read the side of the car at 700' or that's what dad said. PSCA got it on video. Dragsters DON'T do every well at drifting. 5 more days everyone and waiting will be over!!! Kenny you guys get your parts?
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger March 11th 2009, 12:04 am

No more dragster drifting Curtis affraid . Come to think of it, we actually won that round even after going boundary line to boundry line. The bummer was the starting line guy said we crossed the center divider...which we proved later we technically didn't.

Weather looks good for the weekend testing.

Blessings...........Ron.
    Curtis Clevenger
    Curtis Clevenger
    Admin

Post by Curtis Clevenger March 11th 2009, 8:28 pm

That's right you have to go all the way over the white line and we had 1\2 inch to spare !!! Yea the weather does look good thank goodness.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Post by teamoutcast March 15th 2009, 11:55 pm

Just checking in to see how everyone did testing?
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger March 16th 2009, 10:41 am

Hey Pete, track was pretty bad most of the day. But at the end of the day it started coming around and on the last test pass caught us not hitting the starting line hard enough. Shook the tires pretty hard so Curtis clicked it off. The pass before that should have giving us a clue the track was coming around. It lifted the front end hard and then rear came around just past center divider and put Curtis in the other lane. Earlier we got the info we where after mid and upper end track info. We where testing some new ideas and they showed merit.

We stayed over Sunday hoping to get a better track. Weather was worse tell about 1 Pm. By then we had been on and off with trying to get a pass and it started raining and we made the decision to load it up and call it a day. Also knowing I had a 4 hour tow home had some influence. Wouldn't you know it by the time we got the car and trailer loaded up the sun came out and the track dryed off and they where running again. So much for trying to out smart the weather.

Anyway, the motor seems happy and the converter seems closer to what it might like. We'll have to wait for a good starting line for conclusiveness on the converter. Also this year (-$) we'll be running very safe on the tune.

Hows the job hunt going? If you don't get www.1320themagazine.com you should. You got a great picture of the "Outcast" car and some print in the April 2009 edition.

Blessings...........Ron.
    mike halstead
    mike halstead

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by mike halstead March 17th 2009, 7:47 pm

Hey bro Dean Oberg said there is a great picture of ya like Ron said but kinda sad write up. I have not seen it yet to make that call but I will get him to give me the mag and send it up to you like last time.

I will see you all in sac next month. Good luck to everyone. I wont be able to race with TEW but will be going after Bucky and maybe a track record. We will see what the racing god brings. Dad is ready but like alot of other people the econmy is hurting. We will get at least 1 out of 3 Outcast cars out this year.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Post by teamoutcast March 17th 2009, 9:07 pm

What is so sad about the write up?
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger March 17th 2009, 10:57 pm

I don't see anything sad in the write up Pete. I just read it again, no clue what there seeing. Maybe they just miss you I love you .

For anyone wishing they had a copy the can call The 1320 Magazine office at 310-329-9477 or go on line at www.1320themagazine.com it's a great magazine for $15 a year and 6 issues.

Pete, nothin sad in the write up.............Blessings...........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve March 21st 2009, 6:34 am

We had a good test, but like Ron said the track wasn't real good. We launched good .947 60 foot ( the best out of three passes ) but about 200 feet out went up in smoke, I think Butch was just showing off, he tried to get it sidways. The second pass ran a 6.31 with some tire shake at the same 200 ft. The third pass was the same problem and ran a 6.41. I didn't get to see Curtis run but I did hear him on and off the throttle.

Steve
    Butch's circus

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 20th 2024, 1:14 am