Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

2 posters

Thanksgiving

Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Thanksgiving Empty Thanksgiving

Post by Steve November 23rd 2011, 4:58 am

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, then back to work getting ready for next year.
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Thanksgiving Empty Re: Thanksgiving

Post by Ron Clevenger December 3rd 2011, 7:41 pm

Hey Steve, you staying warm? It's suppose to get down to about 28 degrees tonight here.
    Stay warm buddy............

Blessings..........Ron
    Steve

Post by Steve December 4th 2011, 9:51 am

I don't think it has been that cold here, I did tell Butch to get the heaters ready. Butch is getting the newer engine ready to switch out. We're still looking for that gremlin that shuts the engine off when he hits the trns brake, it won't do it in the pits only after the burn out.
    I hope Jim at Medford gets his problems worked out. If he does they are going to repave the track and pave the pits.
    How much damage did you have at Redding? Hope it minor.
    Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Post by Ron Clevenger December 4th 2011, 4:04 pm

Broke the two exhaust rocker bolts off. Which then tossed the pushrod on the intake. Then the intake camshaft lobe smacks the intake roller wheel as it is aloft and puts a flat spot on wheel. This time it hit the wheel hard enough to break it completely off allowing the lifter to ride down on the cam lobe.
    Have only pulled the intake so far. Been busy working on a guys 1969 427 4 spd Corvette (all correct numbers)engine. Just finished up the engine yesterday so will turn my attention back to the race engine.

Hoping it did not hurt the lobe enough to need a new one. Also figured out that the rockers bolts according to Jesel, when the open spring pressure exceed 800 psi(which we certainly do not even counting the boost) they recommend a different bolt. Now they tell me!!!,.... after a couple of years breaking the other ones. Already got the new bolts from ARP. There called ARP2000 (sure prurrrrrty). I'll need to shorten them a little which you have to do in a layth because of the heat treatment.

I'll be pulling it down for rings and a new rear seal also.

Live and learn, the problem is I am running out of time on this end of life Shocked .

Blessings my friend...............Ron
    Steve

Post by Steve December 14th 2011, 4:51 am

Its amazing how numbers matching cars turn up and people were smart enough to hang on to them.
    I hope you didn't damage the cam. Its been to cold to do much, keep hoping it will warm up a little.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 9:28 pm