Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

3 posters

EXCITING NEWS FOR 2011

Curtis Clevenger
    Curtis Clevenger
    Admin

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

EXCITING NEWS FOR 2011 Empty EXCITING NEWS FOR 2011

Post by Curtis Clevenger December 21st 2010, 1:12 am

I hope the off-season is going well for everyone. There has been lot of changes going on in the racing community, anywhere from tracks closing to associations not running. The car counts are also down at national, divisional and local events. I have been watching this and trying to come up with a solution to a serious problem. With that said, I will be making some changes to the class. When I would talk to people about TEW they would almost always say “that’s just like the old Pro Comp class that would run dragsters and funny cars together.” So after great consideration I will be changing the name to Pacific Pro Comp. I think that people will identify with the class more readily, because we do run any car (RED, FED, FC, PM, ALT Etc.) with any engine combination. We will also raise the index to 6.60 and make it an all run class. The index change will save parts, draw more cars and still be a crowd-pleasing show. More cars in the 6.60-6.90 range will show up to compete if they know that they are going to make first round. It will still be heads-up style racing. We will need to add some rules regarding electronics. I don’t think that any of us want super comp style racing so we will eliminate all electronics on the throttle after the car is launched and down track except on engine timing. Everything else will remain the same with a 4 tenths pro-tree – no cubic inch limits – any fuel – blown or nitrous – chassis/body any style. I'm almost finished with the 2011 race schedule and will be posting it soon!

Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95

EXCITING NEWS FOR 2011 Empty Re: EXCITING NEWS FOR 2011

Post by Ron Clevenger December 23rd 2010, 10:18 am

Hopefully this change will bring in some much needed cars. We all know that this economy is tuff on everyone stepping up to the 6.30 deal. The 6.60 will help in reducing parts breakage and or maintenance and open it up to many more cars and hopefully help in the car count at races.

What is much needed is for everyone to be helping to bring in event sponsors.

Also what to wish everyone a blessed and joyful Christmas.

Blessings..........Ron C.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post by Steve December 26th 2010, 12:06 pm

Merry Christmas all. santa I hope your right and lowering the index brings more cars. Curtis, can we still drop the index in the final round? I see Nor Cal Top Comp is asking for sponcers to give $250 each, we should be doing the same to get the payout more. If this works I hope we can get back to racing at Sac or Infinion.
    Ron, do you remember how much dragging your battery down the track slowed your car down Laughing We need help.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger December 26th 2010, 6:21 pm

Hey Steve, you up from your nap?? Shocked

That final round deal has not changed. "IF" both drivers want to, they can lift the index and go for it. It's up to them.

As far as dragging your battery down the track,....other than the cool factor with lots of sparks and getting all the attention,....can't say it made any difference. Certainly didn't run any faster cheers .
    But it does generate conversation and spectator interest in the pits king .
    Overall I think the drag resistance over comes the weight savings.

Hope your Christmas was a good one.

Blessings.......Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve December 27th 2010, 11:41 am

How did you know Ron, way to much to eat=nap.Do you think that with dropping the index we can get to race at Sac? It seems that all the races are to the north.
    Looking forward to a great New Year and to racing again.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger December 29th 2010, 12:56 pm

Steve, I'm sure you are aware that Sacramento Raceway has changed course on there racing program. A number of associations will not be racing there in 2011.
    But the good news is, Infinion has taken up the slack for some of these associations. So we will see what the new year brings.

It pains me that Famoso is my close's track and I never race there. If you don't have a nostalgia car they don't want to see ya.

Curtis is working on the racing schedule and it should be finalized soon.

Keep dry................Blessings...........Ron C.
    Steve

Post by Steve December 29th 2010, 1:06 pm

Well thanks Ron. I thought Dave Smith was one of the ones that wanted us to raise the index.
    Famoso Shocked I've gone there twice, once with Butch, we blew up the motor, and once with the Birky Bunch, blew up the motor in the pits. But I still haven't got the message and have no problem with going there. lol! We just want to race.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger December 29th 2010, 3:05 pm

Steve, I really don't want to get into a open board discussion on Sacramento Raceway. It's best if you call Curtis and discuss it. He can fill you in.

Did you guys get your engine position tubes worked out? There real touchy were they like to be without breaking stuff when shaking the tires. I went through that a couple of years ago. Broke about everything I put in there including part of the block until they found a good home.

Blessings.......Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve January 19th 2011, 5:35 am

Don't know if the blow back tube deal is fixed, won't know till we test and get rid of the tire shake. The car is together just need to make some adjustments and we're ready to go.
    Any news on the schedule? Have you heard if any of the CIFCA guys are coming over?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 12:16 am