Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

4 posters

How's Winter Going?

Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

How's Winter Going? Empty How's Winter Going?

Post by Ron Clevenger November 23rd 2009, 12:11 pm

I finally got the new blower ordered. Will have to make a new blower tube that connects the blower and intake. Motor is OK and ready to go. But I did have a minor oil leak in the rear of pan. Will fix that also.

Steve/Ski, you guys got Butchs car back yet?

Steve Scott, how we looking for next season?

Pete, now that you got some rear tires that hook , how's next season looking?

OK Simon, everyone will be after you next year. No way can we let you win back to back championships Very Happy .

Blessings..............Ron C.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

How's Winter Going? Empty Re: How's Winter Going?

Post by teamoutcast November 23rd 2009, 4:37 pm

I am hoping to run all races next year.Going to get the mag freshend and the blower freshend and of course all the saftey stuff that needs to be done.It has been a little to cold right now to get out in the garage to work on the car.Yesterday i went to Ricky Ruiz house and we chated for around 4 hours.He is going to hopefully help me with some clutch issuse and may come to a race or 2 with us.well i will talk to you guys later have to get back to work.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post by Steve November 25th 2009, 3:28 pm

Hi Guys, Yes we got the car back ( Dennis ) does great work. The engine and trans are in, just have to lengthen all the pluming and wireing. I guess we'll still be running the chevy motor, but Butch is looking for a Brad motor. Rolling Eyes
    Glad to hear things are going well with you Ron, sounds like you'll be ready.
    Pete, have you moved yet?? What do you mean its too cold, it was in the thiry's this morning when I went thru, 22 in Winnemucca when I woke up. I really hope you can make all the races next year. Hey next time I go thru at 5am I'll call you OK
    Steve

Post by Steve November 25th 2009, 3:30 pm

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving--Remember the more you eat the slower you go--except for the crew guys--We can eat it all

Steve[b]
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger November 25th 2009, 8:29 pm

Steve, what do you mean woke up. You mean you slept all the way from Reno to winnemucca? Shocked

Have a great Thanksgiving...................blessings...........Ron
    Steve

Post by Steve November 26th 2009, 8:50 am

Hey now Ron--I was going the other way, Winnemucca to Reno ( I think ) Hey I'm glad you didn't do any seriuos damage to your engine, and its going back together. We'll have to get some testing done.
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger November 26th 2009, 12:18 pm

I'm so eager to go testing or racing that Curtis gave me some Honda engines that they used up on the job. Been rebuilding them and one 9hp put on my rototiller. Of course I had to tweak the thing a little when rebuilding. Man, that thing really barks now on my rototiller. Thinking about entering it in the Sand Drags bounce .

The other is actually a 5Kw 11hp Honda generator. Rebuilding it and clean and painting. Going to put it in my MH to replace the old Kohler. The Kohler's been a good unit but it sure does rock and roll the MH. A little noisy too. I do get a mild complaint from the other Clevenger family neighbor Rolling Eyes at the races when I fire it up early AM to make some coffee. But...hey!!! we're at the races and it's race day:P Razz.

Woops, wife caught me, more kitchen duty stuff. Looking forward to eating all that good stuff....especially pumpkin pie at the end
    Wink ................Blessings............be safe........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve November 26th 2009, 2:41 pm

Hey Ron I've got a 24 hp sears ride on mower that needs some work. I used to do wheel stands with it but kept throwing the belt.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Post by teamoutcast November 26th 2009, 9:42 pm

well it looks like all my plans for racing has come to a halt again.I lost my job AGAIN on tuseday so car is going to sit for awhile or at least untill i find a job again.Hope everyone has had a good thanksgiving.talk to you all later.Pete
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger November 28th 2009, 5:08 pm

Sorry to hear that Pete. Hopefully you will find work very soon.

Blessings..............Ron C.
    Steve

Post by Steve November 30th 2009, 4:59 am

Pete, what are we going to do with you. Good luck finding another job, we need you at the races.
    james hartley

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

How's Winter Going? Empty can't wait

Post by james hartley December 15th 2009, 10:01 pm

Pete, thanks for picking up my blower starter from Ricky. I'm hopefully we'll get some racing in this year. Hurt the Chevy motor for the second time at the MM testing. Made the decision to go hemi, so I cut a deal with System 1 to buy one of their Top Fuel motors. It is the car and we lack a 44 mag, clutch and a few small odds and ends. If we can make it up to race we'll drop the F/C on it. Found out one of your TEW regulars works where I do.
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Post by teamoutcast December 16th 2009, 1:00 pm

James, It was no problem.That is a bummer about the chevy motor.Thats cool about the hemi motor.Mike told me about the hemi.Who works with you that runs with us?Ricky and i got to talk for awhile.It was real cool.well i will let you go.Talk to you guys later.Pete
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger December 16th 2009, 11:18 pm

"Who works with you that runs with us?"

Pete, I'll give you a clue, he has a dragster with the engine in front of him affraid .....and he an't affraid to drive it.

James, get that thing going..............

Blessings...........Ron C. Very Happy
    james hartley

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-04-01

Post by james hartley December 17th 2009, 11:55 pm

I like the kid already Very Happy Pretty sure he'll get time off to race if he needs it. Ron I'm trying but it was a big change. I think the only thing I kept was the air in the tires. One thing is for sure, they don't make any parts better or stonger than what I have from the manifold to pan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 11:59 pm