Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top Eliminator West/ Pacific ProComp

Drag Racing

4 posters

New Rear End?

Ron Clevenger

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

New Rear End? Empty New Rear End?

Post by Ron Clevenger May 25th 2009, 6:06 pm

Hey Steve, did you guys get that new rear end installed yet? Probably not a just bolt in deal. That could of been a scarry deal for Butch if everything hadn't went just as it did. Thankful for sure.

I've been working on ours too. Made new motor plates and changed the engine angle in the car. That aluminum block really wacked the weight distribution on the car, so needed more transfer/leverage on launch.

Looking forward to the next race for sure.

Blessings.............Ron.
    Steve

Number of posts : 100
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

New Rear End? Empty Re: New Rear End?

Post by Steve May 26th 2009, 4:21 am

Hi Ron, Butch got the new rear end Fri. Looks like it will fit without much trouble, we set it in place and all the mounts line up. Yea its a good thing the spline in the spool gave up right at the hit instead of at the 330'. affraid We should be ready for the next race, and maybe a test day before Laughing

Steve
    Curtis Clevenger
    Curtis Clevenger
    Admin

Number of posts : 29

Post by Curtis Clevenger May 28th 2009, 3:51 pm

Steve,

We will have the blown alcohol car out at SRP for the June 5th all day test and tune.

Mel
    Steve

Post by Steve May 30th 2009, 10:01 am

Curtis, we are going to try and make it on the 5th. The car is back together. I sure hope they do some prep work on the track.

Steve
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger June 7th 2009, 10:05 pm

Hey Steve, didn't see you guys at the track Friday.

We brought out the Plan B blown alcohol dragster for Makinna to get her 7.50 lic in. She made the required 6 pass's and it was signed off by her dad and grandpa Very Happy . Maybe Curtis or Mel will post up a picture of her with the car. Really cool stuff.

Looking forward to the next race.

Blessings.........Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve June 8th 2009, 3:57 am

Sorry we weren't there, last minute deals, a little thing called work. It would have been a good weekend for racing.
    So we have another Clevenger to make us look bad. The old guys don't have a chance. Really thats a neet deal.

Steve
    Ron Clevenger

Post by Ron Clevenger June 8th 2009, 9:30 am

Steve wrote: The old guys don't have a chance.
    Steve

Sad Tell me about it! And yet there's another one (Josh) a couple of years back also in line. I just renewed my lic but will probably have to bum a ride from strangers Very Happy .

Just kidding of course, I've had my turn and it brings me great joy to see that third generation interested in grandpa's life long love. I didn't think about it tell after I was on the road heading home Friday night. But I should have jumped into Curtis's car to take a lap after we where finished with lic laps. Must really show I'm getting old to not think of that sooner Suspect .

Blessings......Ron.
    Steve

Post by Steve June 11th 2009, 11:10 am

Hey Ron, how was the track? Did they do any prep on it for you guys oops and girls? We are going to test tomorrow. We just really want to make sure the car still goes straight.
    Ashley and Danica beware there's a Clevenger coming.

Steve
    teamoutcast
    teamoutcast

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2009-03-04

Post by teamoutcast June 11th 2009, 8:55 pm

Steve i talked to Curtis the other night and he said the track was JUNK.He had her leaving in second gear so they wouldnt blow the tires off of it.It blew the tires off the first run even leaving in second.Anyways becareful.I got my chassie certified today and now the car is ready to go now i have to get the trailer and truck ready oh yeah and save money to go to Medford.Going to start the car saterday to make sure the computer is working properly.Other than that we should be ready.Talk to you guys soon. Pete
    Steve

Post by Steve June 12th 2009, 7:49 am

Thanks Pete, I wasn't expecting much of a track. I hope they get thier problems fixed before the next race. The way it is you funny car guys have to race 1/2 mile, but fun to watch. I'm glad to hear your getting ready for Medford, it will be good to see that purple car on the track again. We'll be leaving on the 2nd.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 29th 2024, 3:22 am